training dates coming up:
Wednesday 30th April, Rosyth
Thursday 29th May 2014, Glasgow
This is a full day of training aimed at professionals and volunteers who support individuals experiencing isolation, loneliness and vulnerability due to a lack of positive relationships in their lives.
Scottish Social Networks
This website is for all those who:
- have an interest in homelessness, social inclusion, communities or mental health and wellbeing
- are involved in mediation, mentoring or befriending.
To receive updates and newsletters please go to the Register and Updates page to submit your contact details.
This is the first phase of the website, if you have any ideas or information you think should be included please email us at email@example.com, telephone 0131 557 4059 or write to us at Scottish Social Networks, 55 Albany Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3QY.
- presents the evidence on how positive social networks can prevent and resolve homelessness, break down exclusion and enable the development of sustainable communities
- considers measures to build and rebuild social networks, particularly mentoring, befriending and mediation (identified by the Homelessness Task Force as key measures)
- shares research, best practice and resources from across Europe, the UK and Scotland