Current Networks Approach training opportunities:
Tuesday 25th August 2015
09:30 – 16:00 Mactaggart & Mickle offices, 6 Atlantic Quay, Glasgow G2 8JB
Tuesday 1st September 2015
09:30 – 16:00 Rosyth Business Centre, 16 Cromarty Campus, Rosyth KY11 2WX
Friday 9th October 2015
Thursday 29th October 2015
09:30 – 16:00 Dundee Dental Education Centre, The Frankland Building, University of Dundee,
Dundee DD1 4HN
Cost £65 per head, please contact email@example.com for information and booking. Group bookings at a reduced rate.
About the training: Networks Approach training is aimed at professionals who support individuals who are held back by isolation, loneliness and vulnerability as a result of a lack of positive relationships in their life.
Aim: This training will look at the importance of supportive relationships in allowing individuals to make positive steps forward in their life, how individuals can develop positive relationships and improve social skills. The training will also discuss ways for your service to utilise the networks approach in your work.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will be able to:
- Understand how Resilience, Transitions & the Networks Approach can impact on the individuals using the service
- Support service users to explore the Networks Approach, improve skills & develop positive relationships.
- Consider how services can embed the Networks Approach practice in order to improve outcomes for individuals.
Cancellations: Up to 11 days before. Full refund, thereafter full cost incurred. Replacement delegates are allowed at no extra cost.
Over the past year 98% of trainees have stated that they will implement the key elements of this training in to their practice.
To book a place on this training session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 557 4059.
Scottish Social Networks
This website is for all those who:
- have an interest in homelessness, social inclusion, communities or mental health and wellbeing
- are involved in mediation, mentoring or befriending.
To receive updates and newsletters please go to the Register and Updates page to submit your contact details.
This is the first phase of the website, if you have any ideas or information you think should be included please email us at email@example.com, telephone 0131 557 4059 or write to us at Scottish Social Networks, 55 Albany Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3QY.
- presents the evidence on how positive social networks can prevent and resolve homelessness, break down exclusion and enable the development of sustainable communities
- considers measures to build and rebuild social networks, particularly mentoring, befriending and mediation (identified by the Homelessness Task Force as key measures)
- shares research, best practice and resources from across Europe, the UK and Scotland